BIGinBIO Program 2024
Over 50% of the worlds’ biodiversity is concentrated in Latin America. Despite significant scientific developments in the region, there are limited projects that translate into concrete impacts or economic value. Thus, The Ganesha Lab has crafted a scale-up program with actual results, which aims to provide entrepreneurs and their companies the chance to make a meaningful and positive impact on the lives of millions worldwide.
Nobody understands Biotech business like we do!
Download the brochure >> (Coming soon!)
Learn more about the Rules and Regulations of BIGinBIO2024! (Coming soon!)
What are we looking for?
We are looking for early-stage biotech startups from Latin America with the potential and vision to generate global impact that address the following mega-trends: Healthcare access; Aging population/Chronic diseases; Food scarcity/Sustainable production; Emerging threats. More info.
It is designed as a Life Cycle approach for the scale up and internationalization of biotech startups. The starting point in our Academy is a 6 months scale up program which provides the tools and critical knowledge for your future international success.
After the completion of the Scale up Program, The Ganesha Lab continues to support its portfolio companies for a minimum of three years.
This year, each selected startup of our 9th Cohort will receive an investment of US$100,000, which will allow the participating founders to fully focus on the program.
- MARCHOpen call
- APRIL - MAYPre-SelectionAnnouncement: Pre-selected startupsInterviews + Selection pitch
- Announcement: Selected startups
- MAY - JUNESign agreements + 360° Due diligence
- JULY TO OCTOBERScale Up ProgramWorkshops and Trainings (2 to 3 per week) Individual coaching, mentoring and advisingAnnouncement: Soft-landing Selected startupsSoft-landing US ProgramIn virtual format during the last 2 weeks.Final Pitch
- OCTOBERBIOHUNT Summit Miami 2024
- 2025 (TBD)BIGinBIO US Market ProgramExclusive for the 2 startups with the greatest international potential of the generation
What to expect at The Ganesha Lab Academy?
- 360° Due diligence: Due Diligence in 6 dimensions to identify critical gaps including: Team, Science & Technology, IP & Regulatory; Legal; Finance; Business Model;
- Scale Up Program: 4-modules covering Business Base Line; Clients & Markets; Global success & scaling; Investors & Capital Raise.
- Individual meetings with experts and partners (UC Davis Venture Catalyst, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Life Science Nations, Morse IP Law or Agrosuper) to advance in the most critical aspects and milestones
- Pitch Events in front of national and international investors
- Soft-landing US Program: Soft-landing US workshops providing critical elements for the internationalization, delivered by our international partners.
- Access to the BIGinBIO US Program for market validation in the USA for a period of up to two months (only for the 2 startups of the generation with the most potential to internationalize their technologies)”
- The Ganesha Lab has been a game changer partner for my startup. I have found in the team a highly committed group of professionals ready to share wise and practical advice to make the best decisions in my endeavor. Additionally, the scale up program provided me with solid knowledge about how a scientific-based project could become a profitable company without losing our essence. And most importantly, as a boutique, they have put me on the map of biotech startups and potential investments. Become part of The Ganesha Lab portfolio has been one of the best decisions of my entrepreneur life.
- Our experience at The Ganesha Lab has been transformative in every way. From a very early stage, they provided us with the required guidance to develop our project, as well as access to a network of world-class mentors and experts. Their support has been essential for the formation of our advisory board, which includes former global managers from our industry, and for securing Indiebio's investment in 2023. We are deeply grateful for the opportunity to have been part of The Ganesha Lab program. Without their support, we would not have made it to where we are today.
- The Ganesha Lab developed one of the very few science-based startup acceleration programs, and they have the support of mentors who are knowledgeable about the path that biotech startups must follow, which is very particular, and with many stages. Being part of the program allowed me to evaluate my technology in 360 degrees, assess it, validate it and present it without so many obstacles at a global level. The Ganesha Lab is fulfilling its mission of transforming science into a good business, with a team that I admire.
- Biotech is one of the trending and most promising industries for angel investing! For the evaluation of such projects however we rely on highly specialized teams such as The Ganesha Lab.
- Agrosuper is a leading company in food production and marketing in the region. Although our core business is in animal protein, the constant search to satisfy the needs of consumers has led us to innovate. In this sense, the alliance with The Ganesha Lab aims precisely at exploring new technologies, trends and feed solutions for the coming years.
- Morse is proud to partner with GaneshaLab to support and promote international science and technology startups along their journey to global success.
- The Ganesha Lab Team and its international experts provide comprehensive support not only during the program but far beyond the boutique approach to deliver tailored engagement with all start-ups.